Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Advent Activity--Day 8--Hot Chocolate with all the fixings

For our eighth Advent activity, we drank hot chocolate under the Christmas tree and watched Santa Claus is Coming To Town on VHS. We checked it out from the public library. It's the original one made by the same people as the original Rudolph movie. Very cool!! Anyway, we used the peppermint marshmallows we had made and added whipped cream and sprinkles. This was a real treat since we don't usually do that much sugar. I have to say, it was actually almost too sweet for all of us. The boys drank a little of theirs, and I couldn't even finish mine. Still, good memories were in the making and that's what counts, right?






My oldest son dumped about half of the whole bottle of sprinkles into his cocoa (by accident). So we had to scoop some out with a spoon. The glasses we used to drink the cocoa from are ones my oldest son bought for my husband and I for Christmas last year. Our church has an annual Advent Festival with a little shop for kids to buy presents for their parents. He was so proud to bring home some gifts he had picked just for us. And we will treasure those glasses FOREVER, let me tell you. They are so precious because he chose them just for us.



My youngest son was very excited to drink out of these glasses and had chocolate all over himself the rest of the night!

1 comment:

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Yummy and I think it is such a wondeful thing that your son got you guys the glasses. They are beautiful!