Thursday, February 19, 2009

Some thoughts on parenting

I wanted to share with you all a few things I've stumbled upon just this afternoon. I am home with my youngest son; he is fighting off a bad cold. I have a substitute at school for the afternoon so I could be home with him and make sure he got a nice long nap in his own bed. Fortunately for him, that is what's happening right now. I think he's getting better. He had a good morning at Grandma & Grandpa's house. Anyway...........I stumbled across a few links while reading my Google reader posts.

Here is one on grace parenting. This really speaks to the type of parent I hope to be. I'm not there yet. I am trying to think of myself as a "work-in-progress" and to be okay with that.

And here is one about lavishing love on our children. I really love this one too. As soon as I finish typing this sentence I am grabbing a blue MARKS-A-LOT marker that is just inches from my computer mouse and I'm going to scrawl LAVISH across my palm. You'll see why if you read the link.

Parenting is such a journey, isn't it? And so fraught with potential pitfalls. It seems so stressful and overwhelming to think about the down-the-road outcomes of today's parenting mistakes, doesn't it? I am committed to picking myself back up each time I fall and pointing myself once again toward my North Star, God's perfect example.

No comments: