Sunday, May 3, 2009

Trigger Finger

Blessedly the weather was wonderful here this weekend and I was able to do some spray painting I had been wanting to do. I've been so inspired by some of the frugal decorating blogs that I've found. Many very creative women have completely transformed mismatched, neglected, raggedy objects into beautiful ones via the medium of spray paint. I personally was a spray paint virgin until this weekend. Luckily my friend, Melissa, tipped me off to the necessity of purchasing a snap-on trigger for the paint cans. It simply snaps onto any can and transforms it from a finger-button sprayer to a squeeze-the-trigger sprayer. Then it can be snapped off and placed on another can. A GREAT tip! Below you can see my trigger and the can of paint that I used.



The next two photos show some of what I painted. I painted outside on a piece of plastic placed on the grass. It was a little windy. In the future I think I'll spray on newspaper in the garage with the garage doors open. My pieces turned out okay, but there were a few issues with the wind and the plastic.



Here is a little glimpse of my project. I am not totally finished yet........I have to wait for DH to hang the shelf. Look for the big reveal soon. I think it's going to turn out just like the visual image in my head. Hope so!

1 comment:

Amber D. said...

Love it, can't wait to see how it comes together