Friday, July 10, 2009

Please pray for Kate McRae

I don't usually do this, but I have become captivated by the story of this little girl through another blog that lifted her up. I have been reading her parents' Caring Bridge story since it started and can't imagine what they are going through right now. Their whole world has been turned upside down. However, their faith remains strong in spite of all they are going through. I cannot imagine how desperate they would feel without their faith to sustain them. They update their site regularly and are so grateful for everyone all over the world who is praying for them and their daughter. I have been so touched by their faith and their story that I would ask you to consider praying for Kate's complete healing and for strength and peace for her and her entire family.

In case you don't have time to click over and read her story, I'll briefly summarize: Kate's parents took her to the doctor at the end of June because she was having tremors in her right hand (Kate is 6 years old). It turned out that she has a brain tumor at the base of her brain. She had surgery to remove it (although they could only remove part of it) and is now facing weeks and months of treatments for her cancer which appears to be very aggressive and fast-growing, but fortunately very responsive to treatment. Additionally, Kate and her family are trying to adjust to the side effects of her tumor and surgery which has been very difficult and frustrating.

I hope I'm not overstepping by posting about this. It is odd since I don't know this family at all and I know there are so many families in this situation. It just really makes you thankful for your own children's good health as well as your own. Anyway, I just wanted to pass along this story. I am pretty sure her family would appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers they can get right now.

No comments: