Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"got thanks?" t-shirt

The other crafty thing I've been wanting to do is make a freezer paper stencilled t-shirt for myself for Thanksgiving. I think this is totally my idea because I have not seen it elsewhere. Using a take-off of the "got milk?" campaign from the Dairy Council I thought it would be cool to paint a t-shirt to wear on or near Thanksgiving that said, "got thanks?" Last night I finally got my act together to make one. I just picked up an orange t-shirt from Target yesterday. Below you can see how it looks. I pretty much like it. I was originally going to use black paint but decided that would look too much like Halloween and used white instead. It looks pretty good in the photo but in person I think I needed one more layer of white paint. I had planned to paint "give thanks" on the back with my two sons' handprints right next to it but I'm not sure that will get done in time for this year's Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll add it later. I'm not sure. Let me know what you think. Is this a weird idea? Will people get it?







2 comments:

Amber D. said...

I like it, I think the back would be cute.

*~*~* Tracy said...

That looks great!
Can you tell me how you got such crisp lines/edges using freezer paper for your template?
I end up using cardstock but even then I have a hard time getting clean edges.